Are you looking for a non-surgical and effective way to get rid of stubborn fat pockets and re-contour your body? What do you think about freezing your fat? Under this method, known as Fat Freeze or Cryolipolysis, you can achieve similar results to those of liposuction.
Over the last few years, fat freezing’s popularity has increased significantly. The procedure not only delivers fast results but is also less likely to cause side effects than invasive body sculpting treatments. Most patients do not experience any complications following Cryolipolysis. While the risks may be fewer and rare, it is still wise to be aware of them just for your own peace of mind.
What are the potential side effects of fat freezing?
Despite the low risk, fat freezing treatments are still medical procedures that can have some side effects. The most common complications reported by patients are those related to skin irritations such as swelling, redness, and others.
In some cases, Cryolipolysis may also cause temporary pain and soreness in the treated area. Quite rare, but still a potential adverse effect of this fat reduction treatment, is a condition known as Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia.
In the following lines, we will explain each of the side effects you might encounter after undergoing a cryolipolysis treatment.
Pain and discomfort
Pain or soreness are not typical side effects of fat freeze treatments. It is a completely non-invasive body contouring procedure, which means there will be no skin cuts or needles involved.
However, as its name suggests, fat freezing “freezes” and kills fat cells by applying intense cold temperature to the treatment site. Therefore, it is possible to feel slight discomfort or even mild pain in the targeted area.
This side effect often occurs in patients with more sensitive skin.
Nevertheless, it is not something that you should be concerned about. The discomfort will quickly disappear within 2-3 days following your fat reduction treatment. In any case, it should not interfere with your normal life and daily routines.
Temporary skin irritations
In the same way that exposure to cold temperatures may result in pain, it can also cause skin irritation in the targeted areas. As a result, you may experience the following side effects:
- sensitivity of the skin
- skin discolouration.
Fortunately, such symptoms are not associated with any dangers and typically resolve quite quickly, within a few days to a week.
Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia
One of the biggest concerns among patients is whether fat freezing treatments can cause a skin condition called Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia (PAH). We cannot deny that such a risk exists, but fortunately, PAH is very rare and very unusual. Manufacturers of Cryolipolysis equipment have estimated that one out of four thousand treatments may have this side effect. However, it is something that is a non zero complication of this cosmetic procedure.
Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia is a hardened area of localised fat developing after fat freezing treatments. In some cases, it can be seen through the skin, be well-delineated, firm, hard, and almost nodular in appearance. It is more evident in patients who gain weight after the procedure.
While the condition is not harmful in any way, it may be unattractive from an aesthetic point of view. PAH can be treated successfully with corrective liposuction surgery. You should normally wait about 6 to 9 months before considering surgical intervention.
How does fat freezing work?
The freezing of your fat deposits is a quick and simple procedure which has been approved by Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Throughout the cosmetic treatment, the surgeon puts an applicator over an area of fat that you don’t like. By using cooling temperature, this applicator sucks the fat cells in and freezes the tissue. As a result, adipose cells or fat cells will die because they are extremely susceptible to cold temperatures.
In the next few weeks and months, your body will metabolise the damaged fat cells through your lymphatic system, and they will permanently go away. This means you are truly losing fat without surgery. If you have regions where more fat is presented, then you may need to get a few treatments so that you see better outcomes.
This body contouring procedure does not involve downtime or prolonged and painful recovery time. The risk of experiencing unpleasant complications is also greatly reduced due to the fact that fat freezing treatments are non-invasive.
The majority of patients have a very positive experience with Cryolipolysis. Currently, this is one of the most popular non-surgical fat removal therapies in the world.
What to consider before fat freezing to avoid complications?
There are some things you may want to consider before undergoing fat freezing in order to minimise the risk of complications and achieve the best results. One of the most important is to carefully select the specialist who is going to perform your Cryolipolysis treatment. He/ she will help you determine whether you are a suitable candidate for the procedure as well as how many sessions you need to reach your goals.
There are also some recommendations you may want to follow in order to prepare for fat freezing. We will list everything below.
Choose an experienced and trusted medical spa or clinic
These treatments must be carried out by experienced therapists or doctors. It is essential that you choose a reliable specialist who will help you get exceptional outcomes. It is also crucial that you feel safe in the hands of your treatment provider.
The medical spa or clinic you select should be able to explain to you clearly how the treatment works, what you can expect as well as what are the potential negative effects you may experience following that. The doctor’s intimate understanding of the procedure and the technology is the first indicator that it is the right provider.
The easiest thing to do is to choose a medical spa or clinic that offers the cheapest treatment. But it doesn’t mean you will have the best experience. So it is important to invest in yourself, invest in getting exceptional fat freezing results and in a provider that has excellent training and customer service.
Make sure you are a suitable candidate for the procedure
Is Cryolipolisys the right treatment for you? You might be the perfect candidate, in case you meet the following criteria:
- you are not far from your ideal body weight;
- you have some fatty tissue in certain areas that do not improve even with diet and exercise;
- your goal is to get rid of excess fat, not to lose weight.
The procedure can be used by both female and male patients.
When is that not the right option?
- You have an allergy to colds such as cryoglobulinemia (a condition in which levels of proteins increase only when it is cold).
- You have cold agglutinin disease or paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria – conditions in which the cold temperature kills red blood cells.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You suffer from a skin condition, such as eczema or psoriasis.
The best and the most reliable way to find out if you are a candidate for fat freezing is to have a consultation with the provider. Make sure to keep your provider updated on your medical history so he/ she may identify any contraindications.
Prepare for your body contouring treatment
While there are no mandatory pre-care instructions, we are going to take you through the general recommendations to have the most pleasant experience.
- Wear comfortable clothes on the day of your fat reduction procedure. After the treatment, you may have mild swelling and discomfort in the treated areas. So you will definitely not feel well in tight clothes.
- Have a healthy meal prior to going for your appointment. You don’t want to be hungry or feel dizzy during and after your treatment.
- Additionally, you can purchase over-the-counter pain relief in advance so, in the event of discomfort, you will be prepared.
- Clean the treatment area. You need to make sure that the treatment area is clean, dry, intact, and free of any topical products.
- It’s best to refrain from exposure to the sun for about two weeks before your fat freezing treatment. You cannot have the treatment done if your skin is red or burned.
What are the benefits of fat freezing?
Aside from being a safe and effective treatment, fat freezing offers many other benefits.
- It is a non-surgical body sculpting treatment. It allows you to get rid of unwanted fat without the need for invasive procedures like traditional liposuction or tummy tuck.
- There is no downtime with fat freezing. You can carry on with your daily routines immediately following your treatment.
- Fat freezing is a low-risk fat reduction and body contouring procedure. The majority of patients do not experience any adverse effects following the treatment.
- It can help you reduce body fat in such areas where you are unable to improve yourself through exercise or healthy food or even with the help of wellness professionals.
- Fat freezing treatment can kill fat cells permanently. Once your body eliminates the dead fat cells, they will never return. However, note that getting Cryolipolysis for fat reduction is not something that will help you control weight gain. It is therefore critical to maintain a healthy lifestyle in order to keep your results intact.
Fat freezing is a generally safe fat loss method. This is a non-invasive procedure which carries far fewer risks than liposuction via plastic surgery. Fat freezing does not cause any serious side effects or adverse health conditions.
Cryolipolisys offers many benefits. However, you need to make sure you use it for the right purpose. This body sculpting treatment complements healthy living, not replaces it. The procedure is not meant to promote weight loss or reduce visceral fat. It is designed to eliminate subcutaneous fat.
You should always trust and go to a qualified medical spa or clinic so that you obtain desired results and ensure your safety.
You May Also Like
- Acne Complexion
- Anti-Ageing Essentials
- Best Medispa Instant Brightening Treatment Award
- Body Contouring
- Body Sculpting
- Double Chin
- Fat Loss
- Fat Melting
- Gold Facial Treatment
- Her World Award 2021
- Her World Spa & Wellness Awards 2021
- Indiba Bodyslim
- Indiba Deep Care
- Indiba Proionic Treatment
- Indiba System
- Indiba V Face
- IPL VS Waxing
- laser and IPL skin rejuvenation
- Medical Indiba
- Prevent Sagging Skin
- Radiant Glow
- Radiant Skin
- Reduce Blemishes
- Reduce Fine Lines
- Reduce Spots
- Reduce Wrinkles
- Skin rejuvenation
- solutions to stretch marks
- Stabilise Skin Condition
- Stretch Marks
- Tighten Pores
- Tummy Fat
- Ultra 24K Gold Face Therapy
- Visceral Fat
- Water Retention
- Weight Loss