Non-surgical weight loss procedures in Singapore
Many people today struggle with being overweight or obese. This is not surprising given the easy and cheap access to junk and unhealthy foods. In addition, the increase in a sedentary lifestyle further exacerbates the problem.
However, inactivity and poor food choices are not the only factors that contribute to obesity. Some folks are simply genetically predisposed to gaining weight more easily. As a result, they may have a more difficult time losing excess weight and fat. In such circumstances, Bariatric surgery can be a quite beneficial weight loss strategy. The thing is that it may not be appropriate for everyone. Furthermore, many people are simply terrified of going under the knife.
Fortunately, there are some non-surgical treatments that can help you get rid of the excess weight. They can be quite beneficial when diet and exercise have not yielded the desired results or if you simply wish to improve your body shape further. In this article, we will discuss some non-invasive as well as minimally invasive procedures that are available in Singapore.
ReduStim is a device that can help you get rid of extra body fat without undergoing surgery. This is done thanks to the double action of the machine. One is the spreading of electromagnetic fields, which liquefies fat cells, and the other is cutaneous regulated micro pressure massage, which promotes the body’s natural elimination of fat cells.
What is unique about this waistline slimming non-surgical treatment is that it hits not only the fat which lays just below the skin (subcutaneous fat) but also the “hidden”, visceral body fat which surrounds the organs within your body. This type of fat is the root cause of a number of medical problems, including diabetes, high cholesterol, and heart disease.
Who can benefit from the ReduStim procedure?
Redustim is appropriate for both men and women who wish to lose weight, reduce visceral and subcutaneous fat, and improve their overall health and look. The treatment is excellent for patients who have the following concerns:
- Visceral fat in the abdominal area. ReduStim is best suited for those who have abdominal fat, and more specifically, fat deposited around the organs.
- Subcutaneous fat in a particular body area. The capabilities of this device are not limited to treating just belly fat. You can use it to eliminate subcutaneous fat located in other body areas.
- Overweight/ Obesity. The ReduStim system can be used by people of all body sizes, including those who are overweight. This is different from the other treatments available on the market that are designed for patients who are within the normal body weight and just want to improve their shape.
- Weight gain due to pregnancy. The treatment can help women to get back into shape after pregnancy. This can be an excellent approach for them to begin their weight loss journey.
- Difficulty losing weight and fat. ReduStim treatment is great for individuals who desire to achieve a nice body shape quickly and easily. Thanks to this device, you can attain all in one – weight management, fat loss and body contouring.
How is the procedure done?
When you arrive at the clinic, you will simply be asked to lie down on a treatment bed, where the ReduStim device will be wrapped around your body. Then your provider will set the ReduStim device for 30 or 45 minutes, depending on your body size and the goals you want to achieve. The procedure is not painful or uncomfortable in any way. The only sensation you may experience is light pressure as a result of the micro pressure massage employed in the therapy. You can simply lie back and relax as the technology melts your fat.
Risks and side effects
ReduStim treatment is completely safe and harmless. There are no risks or side effects associated with the procedure.
Benefits of ReduStim
- This is the only medical-grade slimming device on the market that eliminates dangerous visceral fat.
- It is a painless, non-surgical procedure without downtime.
- ReduStim treatment does not cause any complications or side effects.
- You can burn almost 600 calories with only one session.
- The procedure can shrink the circumference of the waist by up to 7 cm.
Gastric Balloon, or Endoscopic Intragastric Balloon is another weight loss treatment you can benefit from if you don’t want to undergo any form of invasive weight loss surgery. With this procedure, the doctor inserts a balloon into your stomach, which will reduce the space there. As a result, you will feel fuller with smaller food portions. The fewer calorie intake, on the other hand, will make you lose weight.
Most patients experience significant results in just 3 to 4 months after the treatment. However, one of the drawbacks of the gastric balloon is that it is a non-permanent solution. You will need to remove it after six months. It means that there is a possibility of regaining the lost weight if you don’t continue to watch your portion sizes.
Who can benefit from Gastric Balloon?
The Gastric Balloon procedure is a good option for the following patients:
- Overweight. You can benefit from this procedure in case you are carrying a lot of extra weight, and your body mass index (BMI) is between 30 and 40. It can help you lose roughly 11 kg. Many patients, however, have lost up to 15 kg.
- Afraid of surgery/ not suitable for bariatric surgery. You may want to consider getting a gastric balloon if you have any medical conditions that prevent you from qualifying for weight loss surgery or if you simply do not want to go under the knife.
- Obesity has caused health complications. This technique may be beneficial if you have diabetes or high blood pressure as a result of your excess weight.
How is the procedure done?
Gastric balloon treatment is normally carried out under mild sedatives. Your doctor will attach a deflated balloon to an endoscope and instruct you on how to pass it through your mouth and into your stomach.
Although it may appear frightening, you should keep in mind that the balloon is no larger than a piece of food. Your doctor will begin inflating the balloon with saline once it has settled into a proper position in your stomach. He or she will then remove the endoscopic instrument, leaving the balloon inside.
Risks and side effects
There is a possibility you will experience nausea and vomiting the first few days following balloon placement. It is actually nothing unbearable. Another risk, which is quite rare but still exists, is the deflation of the balloon. Such a problem can usually be easily detected since it causes changes in the colour of the urine. It can turn bright green or blue. In such cases, it is essential that you contact your doctor immediately.
- This weight loss procedure does not involve surgery.
- The treatment doesn’t require a long recovery, and you will be able to return to work within 3 days.
- It is typically a successful strategy for combating obesity.
- It can promote alleviating some health issues related to obesity.
Endoscopic Sleeve Gastroplasty (ESG)
Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (ESG) is another non-surgical option designed to shrink the size of the stomach and aid weight loss. The procedure is similar to laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, but instead of cutting into the abdomen and removing a section of the stomach, the surgeon inserts a suturing device through the throat to place sutures and reduce the size of the stomach.
Generally, ESG works the same way as Gastric Balloon – it constricts your stomach so that you feel satisfied with less food. The procedure can be reversed, repeated and done as many times as necessary to fit your needs.
Who can benefit from the ESG procedure?
You can benefit from this procedure in the following cases:
- You are carrying too much excess weight (your body mass index is over 30), and haven’t been able to reach your goals through diet and exercise.
- You are looking for a non-surgical alternative to bariatric surgery.
- You are not able to get laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass or any other type of bariatric surgery due to a medical problem.
- You want to improve the appearance of your body and your overall health.
How is the procedure done?
Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty is a minimally invasive procedure which takes about an hour or so. You will be under the effect of general anaesthesia, which means you will be asleep and not feel anything over the course of the treatment. Your doctor will use an endoscopic suturing device to approach your stomach. Then he/ she will outline a sleeve by doing a set of six sutures inside the gastric. It does not involve any cuts, and you won’t have any visible scars.
Risks and side effects
In general, ESG is considered a safe weight loss procedure. You may experience abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting following your treatment. However, these complications will quickly disappear in a few days. Until then, you can take medications to manage them. In extremely rare cases, ESG may cause bleeding or entrapment of the adjacent organs.
- This is a minimally invasive technique which does not involve any cuts or incisions in the abdominal area.
- It offers rapid recovery. The majority of patients recover within 24 to 48 hours.
- It can assist you in losing excess weight and improving obesity-related health issues.
Frequently asked questions
What are the different surgical weight loss options?
In general, there are 4 types of weight loss surgery or bariatric surgery. Patients who have obesity may benefit from gastric bypass, sleeve gastrectomy, gastric banding and lap banding. These surgical procedures can help obese individuals to change their eating habits and achieve the desired weight loss goals.
What are the alternatives to surgical weight loss procedures?
A healthy lifestyle, including proper diet and exercise, is one of the most popular non-surgical methods of losing weight. In addition, various non-surgical weight loss procedures are available for patients who do not want to undergo surgery or who do not qualify for it. These include ReduStim treatment, endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty, gastric balloon and others.
Is it possible to lose a lot of weight without surgery?
Yes, absolutely. ReduStim is a non-surgical procedure enabling patients with obesity to lose weight quickly and easily. The treatment can be very effective when combined with some lifestyle changes, such as regular exercise and eating healthy.
Why obesity can be dangerous?
Obesity significantly increases the risk of developing heart disease, diabetes, some types of cancer and other medical conditions that can seriously affect your well-being. Usually, people with BMI above 25 are considered overweight.
You May Also Like
- Acne Complexion
- Anti-Ageing Essentials
- Best Medispa Instant Brightening Treatment Award
- Body Contouring
- Body Sculpting
- Double Chin
- Fat Loss
- Fat Melting
- Gold Facial Treatment
- Her World Award 2021
- Her World Spa & Wellness Awards 2021
- Indiba Bodyslim
- Indiba Deep Care
- Indiba Proionic Treatment
- Indiba System
- Indiba V Face
- IPL VS Waxing
- laser and IPL skin rejuvenation
- Medical Indiba
- Prevent Sagging Skin
- Radiant Glow
- Radiant Skin
- Reduce Blemishes
- Reduce Fine Lines
- Reduce Spots
- Reduce Wrinkles
- Skin rejuvenation
- solutions to stretch marks
- Stabilise Skin Condition
- Stretch Marks
- Tighten Pores
- Tummy Fat
- Ultra 24K Gold Face Therapy
- Visceral Fat
- Water Retention
- Weight Loss